A senior Hamas official invited US billionaire Elon Musk to visit the Palestinian Gaza Strip on Tuesday to see the extent of the destruction caused by the Israeli bombing.
“We invite him to visit Gaza to see the extent of the massacres and destruction of the Gazan population, while adhering to the standards of objectivity and credibility,” senior Hamas official Osama Hamdan said at a news conference in Beirut.
On Monday, Elon Musk, the social media mogul who was attacked for supporting an anti-Jewish post, toured the site of Hamas’ attack on Israel and declared his commitment to do whatever is necessary to stop the spread of hate.
Musk owns the social media platform X.
Hamdan’s comments come a day after the temporary ceasefire between Israel and Hamas was extended for another 48 hours.
“In 50 days, Israel dropped more than 40,000 tons of explosives on the homes of defenseless Gazans,” he said. “I call on US President Biden to review US relations with Israel and stop supplying arms to them.”
Hamdan spoke about Israel’s destruction of the Gaza Strip since the conflict began on October 7 and called on the international community to quickly deploy specialized civil defense teams to help recover bodies still trapped under the rubble. According to the Palestinian Foreign Ministry, thousands are still trapped.
The ceasefire agreed last week was the first halt in fighting in the seven weeks since Hamas’ attack on Israel, which Israel said killed 1,200 people and brought about 240 hostages back to Gaza.
In response to this attack, Israel bombed the enclave and launched a ground offensive in the north. According to Palestinian health authorities, at least 16,000 Palestinians have been killed and hundreds of thousands displaced.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Source : www.ndtv.com